Accession details

Passport data and everything else

107999
Accession number
107999
Holding institute
Institute code
USA974
Acquisition Date
Date not provided
Biological status of accession
Advanced/improved cultivar
Type of germplasm storage
Seed collection
Availability for distribution
Available for distribution
ITPGRFA MLS
Status not provided
Safety duplication institute
Taxonomy provided to Genesys
Genus
Zea
Specific epithet
Scientific name
Zea mays
Crop
Maize
Crop name
maize
Accession names
Accession name
Corwin Davis Colored
Remarks
99
plant avgs 6.5' tall with green and red stems, 0-3 tillers per plant. Leaves pendant. Tassels have secondary branching, avgs 19" long. Cylindrical-conical ears with cobs colored white or purple, avg 12 rows in a regular pattern. Ears avg 7.5" long, 1.3" wide. Ear set avgs 1 per plant. Kernels flint type, 70% yellow with the remaining 30% a mixture between blue, black-deep cherry, and tinged red-pink. All kernels have rounded, slightly flattened tops. 34% stalk lodging, 10% root lodging when grown in 2011. Tasseled mid-season. originally from Hopi Indians. MI DA C indicated it makes very fine cornmeal
Metadata
UUID
urn:uuid:f8db695a-1917-439b-bbc5-cf32cd230dbb
Last updated
22 October 2015
Created
22 October 2015